« Passing The Hat For The New Year | Main | Chugga, Chugga.... Thud! »

March 22, 2007

Jeter Speaks For 5 Minutes & 13 Seconds And Says Nothing

Click here to see the video.

Posted by Steve Lombardi at March 22, 2007 01:39 PM

Comments

I have grown tired of Jeter. He's a great player and a class act off the field (as far as I can tell). His ability to control the story is truly something that PR and media students (and future athletes and other public figures) should study. But the "my sh*t don't stink" side of him is a bit old. Blasphemy from a Yankee fan? Probably. But it's just how I'm feeling these days.

Posted by: MJ [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 22, 2007 04:37 PM

I'd agree with you MJ, in my opinion he's almost like a nicer Joe DiMaggio.

Posted by: themetssuck [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 22, 2007 05:04 PM

Me three. As a ballplayer, I love Jeter. As a man, well, let's just say he leaves me a bit cold.

Posted by: brockdc [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 22, 2007 06:18 PM

If it wasn't clear, I just want to make sure everyone knows that I appreciate everything DJ does for the team and I know that I should be thankful our star player isn't Barry Bonds or some other jerk. I just don't get the warm-and-fuzzies for Jeet the way I do for Mo or Jorge or even Damon. It's hard to love a guy that keeps everyone at arm's length (even some of his teammates).

Posted by: MJ [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 22, 2007 06:25 PM

Who cares? Just enjoy his play on the field, it's not like you guys are in a relationship with the guy, jesus. Did you guy's get your feeling hurt because Jeter didn't handle a situation the same way you would? Get over it, it's not like the guy is Schilling, at least he isn't saying anything instead of talking all the time and making an ass of himself.

Posted by: antone [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 23, 2007 07:55 AM

I actually just watched the video and I have no idea what you guys are talking about. He seemed pretty likable in that interview to me, maybe you guys are just anti-social, haha

Posted by: antone [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 23, 2007 08:05 AM