« Best Seasons By Yankees Shortstops | Main | What's In Your Belly? »

February 02, 2007

New Look To The Site!

Thanks to Pete Mrsich, WasWatching.com has a new look to its banner.

Pete offered to help when he heard that I was in the mood for a new look - and, did he deliver, or what?

Pete knew exactly what I was looking for, and he did a wonderful job at taking those thoughts and making them into a work of art.

Pete - thanks for providing one of the great moments that I've experienced to date in doing this blog!

Here's a cool part of the new banner - outside of how great it looks - the scorecard that you see is from "The Longest 9 Inning Game In Major League History." Holy cow!

Posted by Steve Lombardi at February 2, 2007 09:20 AM

Comments

Andy Hawkins liked the old new banner better.

Posted by: SMinDC [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 09:32 AM

~~~Andy Hawkins liked the old new banner better.~~~

LOL. Maybe Andy will show up in a post or two this year. He is a classic!

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 09:39 AM

Steve, did you ever pick up 'Luckiest Man'?

Posted by: j [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 09:49 AM

Not yet. But, I'm way behind in my reading. It's on the list 'tho!

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 09:52 AM

Nice banner!

Posted by: Raf [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 10:01 AM

very nice indeed!

it's funny, i also designed with a scorecard in the bg, and waswatching in a scripty-font.

however, this looks a million times better than my 5 minute job.

Posted by: unmoderated [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 10:16 AM

Thanks again for the offer!

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 10:18 AM

when the going got tough, Steve got smart and outsourced the art work.

Great job. Looks good!!!

Posted by: Garcia [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 10:26 AM

Glad I could help - I love all the Yankees blogs I read every day, but the designer in me can't stand the below-average graphics on some of them. Heh..

Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Pete [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 11:25 AM

U da man Pete!
Thanks again!

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 11:45 AM

Very nice!

Posted by: TomP [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 12:27 PM

**LOL. Maybe Andy will show up in a post or two this year. He is a classic!**

Classic, eh? I was 11 when Hawkins had his day in the sun, for lack of a better term. What a horrendous team that was.

Folks like to talk about how Yankee fans are spoiled and such, but as a lad, seeing the Mets pulverize the NL East year after year and my team run the likes of Hensley Muelens, Alvaro Espinoza and Steve Balboni out there... yeeck

The one bright spot that year was I got to watch Bernie Williams play at Double-A Albany-Colonie a bunch of times. Even got his autograph on a minor-league card in all his brace-faced glory. Wish I knew where that was today - I'm sure its in the amongst the 100s of boxes I have but at least I have the memory.

Posted by: SMinDC [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 12:28 PM

I hear you Sean!

1987 to 1992 was a rough patch, indeed.

And, don't feel bad about Bernie's sig. I've lost one in my house somewhere that was The Mick's. I'm beginning to think I'll only find it if we move someday.

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 12:37 PM

F-R-E-S-H !!

Now there is a banner that matches the quality of blogging that takes place here.

Posted by: zgveritas [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 06:37 PM

LOL - thanks zgveritas

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 09:49 PM

Clicking on the banner doesn't take you back to the main page - it would be nice if it did.

Posted by: TomP [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 10:32 PM

It does on the main index - but, since you're already there, that's moot.

I'm working on the other views - it's a coding thing that I haven't figured out yet - - but, I'm trying.

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 2, 2007 10:53 PM