« Let's Pretend For A Moment | Main | Shake 'n bake! »

December 14, 2006

Mike Pagliarulo

If you want to know what former Yankees player Mike Pagliarulo is up to these days, click here. (Hat tip to BaseballMusings.com.)

His group, IScouts, Inc., is a technology-enabled international scouting service that delivers custom professional scouting information and video to baseball organizations around the world.

I always liked "Pags." Nice to see he's found something to do in his post-playing days.

Posted by Steve Lombardi at December 14, 2006 09:34 AM

Comments

One of my all-time favorite Yankees, and I don't even really know why. I LOVED him as a kid. I even have a Pags T-shirt I still wear to games that actually led to a conversation with a random guy asking if I was wearing the Pags shirt to insult A-Rod...you know because the Yankees only have one real 3B that can wear the #13. Needless to say, the guy was a little drunk and a lot stupid.

Posted by: bfriley76 [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 14, 2006 09:50 AM

I think people liked him because he played hard, and above his skills, and was not afraid to stick his nose in it, etc.

Playing with passion can make up for a lack of talent when it comes to deciding to root for a guy or not.

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 14, 2006 09:56 AM

I read that in a Yankees Magazine (I think) a few years back. IIRC, he's in with a couple of other players too.

Posted by: Raf [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 14, 2006 09:59 AM

"Obviously, the combined $103.1M over six years is a $17.2M AAV -- Mike Mussina and Jason Schmidt money -- but because of the system, it is, in reality, far less than that because the posting process gave the Red Sox an exclusive right to negotiate."

This passage, from Gammons' article about matsuzaka is the most tortured load of crap I have read in a really long time. I mean, they still have to pay all of the $103.1 million. Just beacuse they didn't fight with other teams for the player doesn't mean they pay any less.

He is such a stinking homer. And if I have to hear baout his ridiculously bad music again I am going to seriously go insane.

Posted by: Mike [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 14, 2006 02:46 PM

Mike -- the guy is a twisted sick F***.
He is already pumping up another Red Sox prospect. Bryce Cox could be the Sox closer very soon, "as he has blown through the Red Sox system."
This guy has mentioned more Red Sox prospects who "will" become stars than the prospects of every MLB team combined.
And who do you think MLB GM's listen to when trying to acquire young prospects. If the Red Sox were smart, they wouldn't have ever played Kelly Shoppach or Dustin Pedroia. Their values were the highest after Peter put his tongue inside their respectve a$$holes and swirled, and their values only dropped after they played.
How do you think the Yankees beat the Red Sox for Abreu? And why weren't the Red Sox handed anybody at the deadline as is their custom? Peter wasnt around to tongue the starfish of each and every player within the Red Sox organization and be on the phone w/ Phillies GM Pat Gillick every day to facilitate a trade between the two.

Posted by: Chewbacca [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 14, 2006 05:27 PM