« May 28th vs. The Royals | Main | May 29th @ The Tigers »

May 28, 2006

666

When the Yankees return home, they have a ten-game homestand. I have tickets for the 2nd game of the stand - against Boston.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while. I've kept reminding myself "June 6th, June 6th, June 6th........" so that I would remember the date.

And, until now, I've never made the connection. That game will be played on 6-6-06.

Should I be nervous? Then again, it's probably safer than going to this game:

Los Angeles Angels at Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Tuesday, June 6, 2006 at 7:15 PM
at Tropicana Field in Saint Petersburg, FL.

There's way too many strange things happening there.

The only thing that I'll probably have to worry about is that it's looking like my game will be either Small or Chacon against David Wells.

Posted by Steve Lombardi at May 28, 2006 08:33 PM

Comments

Shouldn't it be Wang's turn?

When the schedule came out I actually looked to see who they were playing on that date. Not sure what that says about me though.

Is Damian Rolls still in the Yankees system? Maybe they should call him up for the day.

Posted by: Jen [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 28, 2006 09:55 PM

Good thought on the call-up Jen.

I figure that Wang has the 1st game of that series. And, Wright the 3rd and Johnson the 4th game. (And, no Mussina against the Sox.)

I think the whole series will shake out as:
Wang-Beckett
Chacon/Small - Wells
Wright - Schilling
Johnson - Wakefield

I'll be happy with a split.

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 28, 2006 10:31 PM

Hmmm, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. There are no off days until 6/12, so as I see it the next 5 days would be Johnson, Small, Moose, Wang (on 6/1), and Wright.

Rinse and repeat, that gives you Moose, Wang, Wright, Johnson for the Boston series, with the dynamic duo missing all the fun.

Posted by: Jen [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 28, 2006 11:27 PM

But you know, for the likes of Chacon and Small, starting on 6/6/06 to resign their deals with the devils would be a good ida :P

Posted by: Yu Hsing Chen [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 29, 2006 01:02 AM