« Brian Giles | Main | Lyle Overbay »

November 07, 2005

Kevin Millar

Why do I have this sick feeling today that the Yankees are going to sign Kevin Millar to be Giambi's back-up in 2006?

Posted by Steve Lombardi at November 7, 2005 09:51 AM

Comments

Doesn't make sense, Steve. A dead-pull hitter in Yankee Stadium, awful defense at 1st and in the OF, no speed, verbal diahrrea, etc. Cashman didn't negotiate those terms with George to do that.

Posted by: JohnnyC [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 7, 2005 10:46 AM

SL, you just ruined my day.

After all this momentum and excitment from a quick, clean and sharp GM & coaching staff transition, you drop this brick.

A Millar signing might ruin the whole offseason. The Yanks could get Vernon Wells to play center, BJ Ryan, Billy Wagner and Bobby Howry for the pen and I'd still be a little bummed out to have that clown in stripes.

Posted by: Jason O. [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 7, 2005 10:50 AM

It's just a hunch guys. But, hopefully Embree and Bellhorn was enough for the "get the Sox" jones and that will be that.

Posted by: Steve Lombardi [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 7, 2005 10:54 AM

Jason,
I believe he prefers to be called an idiot, not a clown.

Posted by: James Varghese [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 7, 2005 10:57 AM

Stranger things have happened... I hope this doesn't, tho'

I can see it happening; lefty bat off the bench and a backup @ 1b & RF.

I see no reason they cannot get someone like Olerud, Minky, or Phillips to play 1b.

Since it's only a backup position, what about Posada playing 1b on his "days off?"

Posted by: Raf [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 7, 2005 11:36 AM