« Beating The Angels | Main | Showalter's Move Impacting The ALDS »

October 02, 2005

No-Doz With A Red Bull Chaser Please

Game 2 of the ALDS between the Yankees and the Angels has a start time of 10 p.m. ET. (It will be on ESPN.)

There's going to be a lot of tired Yankees fans out there this Thursday.

Posted by Steve Lombardi at October 2, 2005 11:56 PM

Comments

Damn. Considering how non-YES games go, that means they won't really start until about 10:30. Guess I should take a nap when I get home on Wednesday.

Posted by: Jen at October 3, 2005 12:42 AM

10 pm start? Idiots. There's no way my body will let me stay up for a game that late.

Posted by: rbj at October 3, 2005 08:41 AM

SL, I am taking 24 hours to enjoy the AL East victory after about 4 separate periods of despair over the season. I will think about Anaheim/Los Angeles/LA County/Pasadena whatever their name is tomorrow.

This site has been excellent during the roller-coaster ride.

Posted by: Jason O. at October 3, 2005 08:54 AM

Baseball should have its head examined. There's absolutely no reason for a 10pm start in the playoffs.

Posted by: MJ at October 3, 2005 08:57 AM

Ah, one late night won't kill us. I understand this, I'd be pissed if I was an LA supporter (or just an interested west coast party) and the games were in the third or fourth innings by the time I got home from work.

Posted by: billyfrombelfast at October 3, 2005 09:12 AM

Maybe, MJ. The only problem with the baseball playoff games is that they all tend to end about four or fou-and-a-half hours after the written start time. Meaning, if you set your alarm clock for 2:00AM, you should be able to catch the 8th and 9th innings. I would love to watch that game on Wednesday night, but I simply can't go into school and teach on less than four hours' sleep.

Thank God for TiVo.

Posted by: Chuck May at October 3, 2005 09:24 AM

============================

Between television, and expanded playoffs, yes there is.

Posted by: Raf at October 3, 2005 09:31 AM

I love being a night person. :-) Too bad I also have a day job.

Posted by: satchel at October 3, 2005 01:22 PM

*building a cot in my cubicle* :D

Posted by: Raf at October 3, 2005 02:46 PM