« Mark Bellhorn | Main | Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Boone......and Bellhorn? »

August 30, 2005

August 29th @ The Mariners

Boston had just about already won. The Yankees were losing 4-2 and their game was heading into the bottom of the 5th. It was about midnight. So, I went to bed. And, this morning, I woke up to a 7-4 Yankees win.

Now, that's a way to start your morning right.

That shot in the elbow is doing wonders for Giambi, huh? And, I credit Torre for saving this game, yanking Princess & The Pea Mussina as quick as he did - rather than let the game get out of hand. And, of course, Lucky Charm Small to the rescue.

Also nice to see Matt Lawton HR on the day that Katrina ripped the roof off his house. It shows that he's able to focus. That's good to have in a player.

Posted by Steve Lombardi at August 30, 2005 07:40 AM

Comments

That game was very satisfying to watch to the end, and it's only sleep.

Posted by: Jason O. at August 30, 2005 09:47 AM

Steve,

I hope you can stay up during the playoffs. Giambi has had an excellent month the last 2 games.

Posted by: Josh at August 30, 2005 10:19 AM

For the last 10 years, I've just decided to give up sleep in October - as long as the Yankees are in the post-season.

I watch the game - then the post-game - then the highlights again on SC. And, if it was a great win or a bad loss, I usually still can't sleep after that.

It's only a few weeks - and, there's plenty of time to sleep in November.

Posted by: Steve Lombardi at August 30, 2005 10:24 AM

I'd like to know what the deal is with Mussina. Odd that he would lose it like that, in back to back starts. Didn't look too happy last night, I didn't stay up to hear anything on postgame.

Re: Lawton, it's only a house. By the reports I've seen, his family's safe & ok.

And I stayed up for all 9 innings (:

Posted by: Raf at August 30, 2005 11:18 AM

Moose claims it's the "almost September dead arm" - we'll see.

Posted by: Steve Lombardi at August 30, 2005 11:32 AM